Positions for Ph.D. students and post-docs
The newly established Chair of Technical Information Systems at the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg is looking to fill the following positions:
- Multiple Ph.D. students (salary grade TV-L E13)
- Post-doctoral researcher (salary grade TV-L E14)
- A stimulating research environment at one of the largest and most innovative universities in Germany, in the heart of the old city of Nuremberg
- Excellent connections to top universities and research groups worldwide
- Close collaboration with the applied research groups at the Fraunhofer SCS and leading industrial partners in Germany
- Up-to-date infrastructure and resources, including funding to attend international conferences
- A strong background in computer science or related disciplines
- Research interests in Web Technologies, Linked Data, Semantic Web, Cyber-physical Systems, Internet of Things, Web of Things or related topics
- The willingness to combine theoretical study with application-oriented research in publicly funded projects
For the Ph.D. student positions we seek candidates with a M.Sc. degree and preferably with knowledge of object-oriented design principles, solid skills in Java or Python programming and familiarity with Unix/Linux systems.
For the post-doc positions we seek candidates with a Ph.D. degree and the willingness to combine research, project work (including project acquisition) and teaching.
To apply, please submit the following documents in PDF format:
- a cover letter explaining why you think you are a suitable candidate for the position,
- a curriculum vitae, and
- a current transcript of grades.
We will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis until the positions are filled.